Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Marathon

So on November 8th, 2009 at 8am in the morning, I started to run the longest distance I have run in my life and at 1:04pm that same day, I finished running. So I can now add "running a marathon" to the list of things I have accomplished in my life. The race itself went okay. I finished the race in 5:04:46. When I was starting the race, I was nervous about how I was going to do, but excited about running it. I probably started out way too fast. I think I finished the first half of the race in about 2 hours, but then the second half I finished in 3 hours. I ran the first 20 miles, but then after that I started to run 10 minutes and then walk 1 minute. When I was within 400 meters, I saw Josh, my friend's husband, and another friend, Joseph helping directing traffic for the late finishers. I was so excited to see them. They ran with me the rest of the way to the finish line. The days following I was the sorest I have ever been from running. Now a week later, my legs are feeling totally healed. Though I am glad I ran the marathon I still don't think I will ever run another!

This is my roommate Grace and I. This is the sign that our friend's husband made. The top part basically translates into "Go!"

This is a picture of me in the last stretch of the race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya Amy!! YOU DID IT!!!