Running a marathon is something I have always wanted to do. I ran in a half-marathon in December of 2001 and I was not ready to run a marathon at that time, but I knew at some point I wanted to do it. Well earlier this year, I started to feel the urge to do it. The marathon is on November 8th. It is in another city in East Asia. It is about 1 hour by plane. So in July I started to train for it. Right now, I am up to 16 miles. Actually, today I ran the 16 miles. It went pretty well. I am sore and it was hard running the last 4 miles, but it was better than the 15 miles the week before. When I was running the 15 miles, I started to think about how hard it will be to finish the 26.2 miles. I probably will be sore beyond belief, and I will probably walk towards the end of the race. Then I started to think about the verses 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." and Hebrews 12:1-2 "...let us run with endurance the race set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith...." That is what I hope my life looks like here on earth. That I finish this life (this race) keeping the faith and following God and His Will. No matter where He takes me in this life that I follow Him, that I glorify Him, that I seek Him in this life. I pray that I finish this life/race the way He desires me to...
Monday, September 14, 2009
Sometimes I Still Can't Believe I am Doing This...
Running a marathon is something I have always wanted to do. I ran in a half-marathon in December of 2001 and I was not ready to run a marathon at that time, but I knew at some point I wanted to do it. Well earlier this year, I started to feel the urge to do it. The marathon is on November 8th. It is in another city in East Asia. It is about 1 hour by plane. So in July I started to train for it. Right now, I am up to 16 miles. Actually, today I ran the 16 miles. It went pretty well. I am sore and it was hard running the last 4 miles, but it was better than the 15 miles the week before. When I was running the 15 miles, I started to think about how hard it will be to finish the 26.2 miles. I probably will be sore beyond belief, and I will probably walk towards the end of the race. Then I started to think about the verses 2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." and Hebrews 12:1-2 "...let us run with endurance the race set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith...." That is what I hope my life looks like here on earth. That I finish this life (this race) keeping the faith and following God and His Will. No matter where He takes me in this life that I follow Him, that I glorify Him, that I seek Him in this life. I pray that I finish this life/race the way He desires me to...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment